Contest – Invites to July 4th reception for FB fans
This year The National Park Service turns 100, so we’re planning on “moving” the Grand Canyon to the Embassy for a few hours. Want to see it with us? Participate in our FB contest and you can win one of the 15 invitations to the Embassy’s July 4 reception to be hosted at the U.S. Embassy on July 1, 2016, from 7 pm.
1. Contestants must be Romanian nationals between the ages of 18 – 40 residing in Romania.
2. The contest commences on May 4, 2016 and closes at 23:59 on May 20, 2016. The person submitting the photo will be considered the contestant and will be the only person eligible to compete for the prize.
3. Employees of the U.S. Government and their families will not be eligible to participate in this competition.
4. The competition is open only to amateur photographers.
How to Enter:
1.Select one or two digital photos taken by you in a U.S. or Romanian National or Natural Park. The digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image). Save it in a JPG or .jpeg format.
2. E-mail your photo to email@example.com with the subject “U.S. and Romanian National and Natural Parks Photo Contest” no later thanMay 20, 2016, at midnight. Please name your photo file with your full name. If your entry is received and accepted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you receive no confirmation, call 021-200-3704 for details on re-submission.
3. Along with your photo, please send your full name, date of birth, address, and phone number.
4. Participation in this contest is automatically deemed as acceptance of these Official Contest Rules.
be sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or the disabled, be pornographic, or contain nudity;
promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
defame, misrepresent other people or companies;
contain any prominent use of trademarks, logos or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others as determined by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
contain prominent copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) as determined by the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest;
contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission;
communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the U.S. Embassy, Bucharest wishes to associate; and
depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law or otherwise.
depict or otherwise identify a minor unless a parent or legal guardian is the entrant.
have signatures, dates, frames or other graphic marks or poor quality.
Selection of Winners: Judging Criteria
All submitted photos will be analyzed by a panel of judges comprised of U.S. Embassy diplomats.
Terms & Rights
By entering you represent and warrant and agree that:
You have produced and submitted the Entry and all elements of your Entry are original, are not copied from any other work and do not infringe upon the rights of any third party. To the extent any elements were created by a third party (“Third Party Participant”), you own all right, title and interest to said elements which is part of your Entry to enable you to grant the rights granted herein.